Help With Measuring
To ensure the correct size of our products listed below are the measurements that would help us to get it right the first time.
Due to individual requirements and questions regarding sizes and colours I encourage customers to telephone me to discuss their requirements. Even if you are just looking for advice on measuring please don't hesitate to telephone me on, 07949 125195.
1. From the corner of the mouth, over the top of the poll, (behind the ears), to the corner of the mouth.
2. The Crown - The length of the wide part of the headpiece before it splits into the cheek piece and throatlash. Take the measurement from approximately 1.5" (2.5cm) below the ear, over the top of the poll, to 1.5" (2.5cm) below the ear.
3. Noseband - All the way around, (circumference) where you want it to lie.
4. Browband - From just clear of the ear, (behind the ear) across the forehead, to just clear of the ear.
5. Throatlash - An approximate measurement. From 2" below the ear, under the jaw, (throat) to approx. 2" below the other ear.
6. Rein Length - From the corner of the mouth to the base of the wither area.
7. Stirrup Leathers - The inside leg measurement helps if you are unsure of the size you require.
Saddle Pad Measurements
1. Girth - All the way around the pony where the girth normally lies, i.e. the circumference.
2. Length of back - Approximate measurement from the base of the wither to just in front of the loins.
Breaking & Schooling Equipment
1. Neck Length - From between the ears, (poll), down the top of the neck, to the base of the wither.
2. Back Length - From the top of the wither, along the length of back to the top of the tail,(dock).
3. Girth - All the way around the pony where the girth normally lies, i.e. the circumference.
4. Head Length - A straight line from just behind the ear to above the nostrils, (where a noseband normally lies).
5. Entire Body Length - From the centre of the chest along the whole length (side) of the pony, to the hind quarters, (in line with the top of the tail).